Get the skills to become a Professional Cosmetologist in as little as 53 weeks!
Federico Beauty Institute’s educational philosophy is based on the belief that hair design is an art form – with hair as the medium. This artistic approach guides students and salon professionals through the basic elements of design – form, texture and color.
Using the Pivot Point Designer’s Approach to Hair Sculpture and Design, students will work through modules where technology, multimedia, and hands-on step-by-step practice are combined to fully develop and reinforce their knowledge.
Federico Beauty Institute offers more than just an education. We offer a full department, Student Services, devoted to helping our students succeed and enjoy their time at school. From externships, jopb placement assistance and great networking opportunities, Federico has some amazing Student Services that students can access.
As a licensed Cosmetologist you will be able to join a diverse multi-billion industry and can use your skills as a salon owner, stylist, product representative, image consultant and/or educator!
Cosmetology Program Curriculum
We are fully-accredited and approved by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences. As an accredited school, we meet specific academic and institutional requirements established by the accrediting organization. Some factors that are reviewed include curriculum, quality of instruction, facilities, staff, and admissions process.
- Hair Sculpting – Learn the fundamentals of form, texture, and structure of men’s and women’s hair sculptures.
- Hair Color and Design – Learn braiding, wet sets, press and curl, wigs, extensions, color, and bleaching.
- Student Salon Experience – Students will begin with hands-on experience, working with clients. Students will perform services that they have learned in their freshman cycles. One of the eight weeks of this Student Salon Experience will be spent working in the Salon Dispensary.
- Texture and Nails – Students will learn perming, relaxing, and soft curling, in addition to the art and procedures of nail design.
- Student Salon Experience – Students will continue hands-on experience, working with clients. Students will perform services that they have learned in pevious cycles. It is during this Student Salon Experience that a student is eligible to participate in Advanced Education opportunities, Externing, and Electives.
- Skin, Design Forum Dynamics, and State Board Class – In Skin, the student will learn the fundamentals of skin and beauty, including facials, waxing, and makeup application. Design Forum Dynamics provides new designs and approaches to traditional favorites in hair sculpting, color, and finish work for the upcoming fashion season: either fall/winter or spring/summer. In State Board Class the student will be tested and coached on State Board written and practical procedures to instill the confidence and skills necessary to pass the State Board examination.(If the student has missed any hours up to this point in their education, they will spend additional hours on the salon floor until they complete their 1600 hours required for graduation.)
- Student Salon Experience – The final weeks of the cosmetology education will be devoted entirely to practicing what has been learned in their freshman, sophomore, and junior periods. Prior to graduation, the student will spend their time styling their clients on the salon floor.
Full Time Start Dates: January 21, February 25, April 1, May 6 and June 10.
Part Time Start Dates: February 4, April 1, May 27, July 22, and September 16.
Clock Hour Requirements: 1600
- Full-time 30 hours per week for 53 weeks
- Tuesday – Friday 9:30a-5:30p
- Part-time 20 hours per week for 80 weeks
- Tuesday-Friday 5:30p-8:30p, Saturday 8:30a-5p
The Pivot Point Method: Get a Competitive Edge
Blending over sixty years of educational experience with the world renowned Pivot Point International teaching method, Federico adds a curriculum designed for you to learn the why, and not just the how so you can start to think, see, and create like a professional barber.
With Pivot Point, you progress through a modular education system that helps the learning process. Studying each subject step-by-step with learning aids such as videos, computers, DVD, and guest presenters, we provide the ins-and-outs of everything we teach. We provide the tools for you to become a confident and successful professional.
Federico Beauty Institute partners with leaders in the cosmetology industry. We bring not only these educational partners into theoretical studies but also into practical experience and hands-on training, making our students more valuable when they leave and look for a job. Knowing how to use and sell leading product lines such as these is a critical component for our grads.