By: Sarah Federico, Beauty & Wellness Writer
Because, you can’t pour from an empty cup.
Self-care. Albeit a 2020 buzzword – it certainly isn’t a passing trend. In fact, wellness experts maintain that this practice should certainly be a way of life. Joan Halifax, American Zen Buddhist teacher and anthropologist confirms: “There is the in-breath and there is the out-breath, and too often we feel like we have to exhale all the time. The inhale is absolutely essential – and then you can exhale.”
We think that it goes without saying that this year can be likened to one long exhale. So, in the spirit of inhaling more, we’re sharing our top, most giftable (and receivable) self-care items. From head to toe and everything in-between, we’ve got you covered.
1. Crown Affair: The Set. Many people relish the holiday season because it’s filled with traditions. From Thanksgiving gatherings to cutting and trimming the tree, December feels like on long series of comforting rituals. But with a little effort, you can add the comfort of a self-care ritual to your daily routine with the essentials for healthy hair habits.
Crown Affair: The Set includes a boar brush, detangling comb, cold-pressed oil, towel and silk scrunchie – perfect for achieving a daily, self-care routine.
2. OUAI Chill Pills Bath Bombs. Formulated with Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Oil and Hemp Seed Oil, this rose-scented bath bomb delivers a decadent dose of me-time. Simply snap to unwrap Chill Pills for a bath that will leave you feeling cool as a cucumber.
3. Mindfulness Cards. Engage your inquisitive mind. The Mindfulness Game is a fun to play card game, which focuses on helping you to feel more grounded, calm, focused and relaxed. Learn how to live in the moment, while practicing mindfulness.
4. Therabox: The Self-Care Subscription Box. Curated by licensed and practicing therapists, this monthly subscription box is both practical – and decadent. Each shipment includes one activity designed to spark joy, plus 5-7 wellness products, such as skincare, haircare and aromatherapy.
5. Act + Acre Scalp Gua Sha. Typically used on the face, a Gua Sha tool delivers a natural, alternative therapy that involves moving a jade massager over the surface of the skin. This ancient Chinese technique is believed to increase circulation, plus may also address issues such as chronic pain.
Individually hand-cut from natural jade stone, the Scalp Gua Sha tool can enhance your daily ritual in myriad ways. Potential benefits include new hair growth, better product absorption, increased hair thickness and a release of scalp tension and tightness.
6. 1:1 StorySculpting – The Open Series. Give one and gift one. This three-session series delivers a private, guided healing experience through the deep and transformative exploration of your personal narrative and story. Designed to activate and integrate all of your parts – mind, body and spirit – and awaken your authentic voice.
StorySculpting is based on the premise that only your truest, evolving self can be used to heal and inspire yourself – and others, too.
7. The Headache Hat. This year forgo the standard sleep mask. Instead, reach for a Headache Hat, which combines soothing compression and a flexible, wearable three-row ice ring, for relief from tension headaches.
Exploring different wellness practices isn’t just a trend – it can also be a good way of coping with the general anxiety of being alive in 2020. And while material items alone won’t heal those wounds, we think that the gift of self-care can.
Use these items to inhale, so you can exhale more fully, sharing the abundance of yourself with those around you.